Part One: The Mask.
We were not able to find the mask in any store or online,
so we made one!
- Gather the supplies. We started with an old skull mask, paper mache, mod podge, liquid latex, white, red, and black acrylic paints.
- The first thing i did was lightly sand the mask. That way everything I’m doing to it will stick a little better. Then we made our paper mache batter and started forming the face. We had to cover the teeth, make a nose, cover the eyes and fill some holes.
- Then I used liquid latex to build up the mask a bit and smooth out some areas.
- Once that cured, I covered all the paper mache & liquid latex areas with Mod Podge.
- I let that dry overnight, and then made the slits in the eyes.
- Painting time! I used a bright white acrylic paint over the entire mask, two coats. A dark red for the kiss me and the blood. Black for the mouth. I just painted the jagged mouth on.
- All Done! Kiss Me Mask is ready to go.
Pick up the supplies needed here:
Mod Podge 8oz Matte: $5.76
Liquid Latex 16oz: $10.45
Apple Barrel Red Acrylic Paint 2 oz: .50¢
Apple Barrel Black Acrylic Paint 2 oz: .50¢
Apple Barrel White Acrylic Paint 2 oz :.50¢
A hard mask to start with. Use an old one or head to Dollar Tree: 0¢- $1.00
Flower, water, salt, and newspaper. – For the Paper Mache
So IF you have NONE of these supplies It would cost $18.71 / $19 after you add the paper mache supplies.
I had all of these items on hand. So my total cost was about $1 in supplies
Part 2. The Dress
- Gather your supplies. You’ll need white prom dress or similar dress, Red paints, and Fake Blood.
- Mix A few shades of red paint with some fake blood.
- Splatter it on the dress.
- Rub a few heavy blood spots on by hand.
- All Done!
Complete Costume Including The AK-47:
Helpful Links: Beginners Guide - Coupon Database - Print FREE Coupons - In Store Savings
Never Miss a Deal! "Like" Super Savings Man on Facebook, Follow us on Pinterest, Follow us on Twitter