Today’s Family art time was a little different. We had a few appointments and then had car issues. So I did a sketch on paper, and my 8 year old Daughter did a sketch on canvas and then painted it.
Not too much involved in supplies, but I’ll break it all down for you.
Here is Her Painting: It’s a Headless Harley Quinn From Suicide Squad
- Simply Stretched Canvas, 8″ x 10″, 2pk – Walmart.com $3.97 ($1.98 each)
- Plaid Apple Barrel Matte Acrylic Paint, 2 oz .50¢ each 3 colors $1.50 used about .05¢ worth of it.
- Simply Brown Nylon 10-Piece Detail Brush Set Available In Multiple Colors $3.50 (.35¢ each)
- Dixon No. 2 Pencil, Yellow, 20pk – Walmart.com .97¢ (.04¢ each)
Total cost for this project: $2.42
( Actually less, because the pencil and brush can both still be used!)
Here is my sketch: Bank Robber Joker; From The Dark Knight
- Mead Académie Spiral Sketchbook Heavyweight Paper, 70 Sheets, 11 x 8.5 Inch Sheet Size $3.99 ( I think I paid around $15, It’s on sale right now.)
- Daler Rowney Simply Artist’s Sketching Set, 13pc – Walmart.com $6.66
Total Cost For My Sketch: $1.65
( Far less actually, but I’m claiming to use 2 complete pencils for my price.)
So, we spent $4.07 (less than that!) to do both our projects.
We hung out for about 30 minutes and had some fun!
GO DO ART!
See more ideas here: Family Art Time!
Helpful Links: Beginners Guide - Coupon Database - Print FREE Coupons - In Store Savings
Never Miss a Deal! "Like" Super Savings Man on Facebook, Follow us on Pinterest, Follow us on Twitter